Fabulous February + Marvelous March


We have goats. Yep. You are jealous I know.  The yard looks much more trimmed than this now that they've been here for a week! Unfortunately they leave almost as much of a mess than they clean up....



Look!  I'm a teacher!

And a .... violinist?? WhATTT?? I guess it comes with the territory of being a string teacher.   As much as I wish I could play cello all day, I spend most of my time on the violin and viola because the students can see it. 
Teaching music is like a foreign language--most of the students don't know anything about reading it.  I must have taken for granted how much 'prior knowledge' (teacher word) I had in music because it was always around my house. Thanks mom!!! 
Aaand I'm realizing that elementary music methods was actually NOT a useless class and I should have paid more attention. Live and learn!



I did my first marathon!!! Okay... I volunteered at my first marathon. But I've actually always wanted to volunteer at a marathon AND I got a free t-shirt!
We got to hand out water to all the folks that made it to mile 15. Lets just say I was happy to be on my side of the water cup.



But it was inspiring to watch all of them.  I decided life is a lot like a marathon. Sometimes we are the runners just barely breathing and pushing as hard as we can.  Sometimes we get to be the cheerers.  Then there are those rare people that are smiling and encouraging others AS they run. My goal in life is to learn how to encourage others no matter what my own circumstances are.



Right now I feel like I get to be a cheerer. I'm loving life down here in AZ and I can't begin to explain the blessings.  My favorite thing is seeing my friends and converts from my mission. Especially when I get to see them progress in the gospel! 

Melissa (Sister Bigger) and I surprised the Nunez family by showing up at their daughter's baptism. I haven't kept in contact with them very well because they mostly speak Spanish, and they didn't even know I was in town.  
Melissa and I spent a lot of time with Jemina when I was in Tempe.  Her husband got baptized last year and yesterday they got sealed in the temple!! It was an honor to be there.

Comments

  1. You mean all I have to do is volunteer to get a shirt? I've been doing it all wrong. I have to say i LOVE your sign. I bet it made the runners' day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it :) You did good!

    AND I did actually read it not just look at the pictures! (I needed a break from work sampling)

    :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a great music teacher. Elementary Music Methods was definitely hard to pay attention in but probably pretty important. You definitely encourage others!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment