Ready to be cancer free!

II figured before I go into surgery would be a good time for a selfie :) I have received lots of texts and messages and gifts from friends and family and strangers with support and love and prayers, and I know many others are also praying for me. Thank you! I feel so loved and at peace about my upcoming treatment. Prayers truly are heard and answered!  I'm ready to get that cancer outta me!

I had a really great experience Monday night. Since I live so close to where I served an LDS mission, I get to interact of the people that I taught or served with.  I got to help teach a man named Scott just before his baptism (nearly 5 years ago now!). He is now happily sealed in the temple and is a worthy Priesthood bearer. On Monday night he was able to give me a really sweet priesthood blessing that I felt was directly from the Lord. It helped me feel a lot of peace about my surgery and upcoming treatment. Although any Priestood holder could have given me a blessing, it was neat to have it from Scott. That's what the gospel is for! So we can all lift each other in our times of need and be edified together.

Mom is in town and yesterday we galavanted all over town shopping and going to appointments. We needed some stuff for recovery (including food since my mom will probably want to eat while she is here!). I also decided to enter the grown up world and buy my first tv yesterday! Retail therapy is real people. Mom made me take a picture. 
It has been an eventful morning so far. I got injected with radiation and checked with a Geiger counter. The song radioactive kept going through my head! 
So far my hospital treatment has been top notch and everyone is cheerful and positive. I'll have a lovely hospital suite this evening and return home in the morning! 

Comments

  1. your gown is stunning, I want one! :) lovers you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks modest. At least from this angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all you are experiencing, I didn't expect to see another blog post-but I thought I would check! I loved reading about your positive and powerful and ready to fight attitude - you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment